Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Turkey Day x 2


So it looks as though I may be having Thanksgiving after all! Twice even. Not only is my supervisor hosting a feast, but my neighbors and I are planning a potluck. I wonder what the French think of all this rampant eating...

Because I get the chance to enjoy my absolute favorite holiday in my absolute favorite city, it's only appropriate that I give thanks to Christ the Feeder Healer, right?

Here we go:

Dear merciful baby Jesus,
Thank You so much for continuing to nourish my bottomless pit of a stomach.
For the past 22 years, You have always provided me with more food than one human being should ever eat, and for that I shall always be eternally grateful.
For Your mercy, like my appetite, knows no boundaries.

Amen. Now get to work on securing the menu for Christmas.


'Tis truly the season.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Baron, you are foolish!! But the prayer is nothing less than what I would expect from you! LOL :) Luv ya ~ EMC

Unknown said...

oh and enjoy thanksgiving!! Happy Holidays! :)

Unknown said...

Ha! Lucky Man. I still don't know where I'm eating even ONE Turkey Dinner! Love the blog. Keep it up.

BeeCee said...

lol! Well prayed. You're so lucky. In my family, someone always burns the dressing or forgets the cranberry sauce, but you have renewed my faith in Thanksgiving feasts!