Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Can I Just Say...


That I have never been prouder to be an American. Senator Barack Obama has supporters all over the globe, and the French audience is no exception. Ever since I got to work this morning, people have been making crossed-finger gestures at me. I get winks from guys in the restroom, which is just fine, as I know they're not propositioning me (as least not today). At lunch, the other interns interrogated me endlessly as to when the results would be announced. The energy in this office is palpable - just about everyone is rooting for our dear Chicagoan. I just wish I didn't have to work today! It hasn't been too bad though, but I know I'll be white-knuckled by midnight.

Barack Obama, we salute you. Best of luck.

P.S. I'll be sure to post pictures from the Election Soirée sometime this week. It should be a lot of fun! There'll be a buffet, TV interviews, a buffet, free alcoholic beverages, a buffet, hundreds of Democrats and Republicans to socialize with, and...oh yeah, A BUFFET!

1 comment:

Trelly said...

Dude the anticipation is STRONG here!!!