Sunday, April 26, 2009

Why I Don't Worry Anymore

Album of the Moment: Jay-Z, American Gangster

Interesting Bible passage:

Luke chapter 12, verses 22-26:

Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

- New International Version

I also thought this was noteworthy. I pulled this from a status update from a Facebook friend:

Life is so not like a box of chocolates. You know that no matter what you pull out of the box, you will get chocolate. Life is more like that game where you use the claw to grab for a prize. And you may not get sh*t.

Although this is a somewhat pessimistic view on life, I found it hilarious nonetheless. I've learned to accept and even embrace the humor that comes from not having everything go my way. Sometimes things don't work out the way you hoped because of a shortcoming or folly on your behalf. At other times, it's just because that's the way the cookie crumbles. Either way it goes, I call for an end to worrying.

Yes, I'm still applying for employment positions that are right for me. No, I haven't been hired anywhere yet. Yes, I appreciate your concern. No, I'm not worried. And yes, I am well aware that graduation is less than two weeks away. And no, I'm not worried.

1 comment:

Emily Padgett said...

That was comforting to read - I needed it, too! I'm glad you're not worrying your life away. It will all work out, I have no doubts (or worries!).