Sunday, April 5, 2009

In Memoriam...



Not more than ten minutes ago, I learned that Andy Hallett passed away on March 29 as a result of an ongoing battle with heart disease. This really hit me, as his role on Angel is one of the reasons why I enjoy genre television so much. Angel, along with Buffy the Vampire Slayer, were really creative shows that were scary, funny, and sad, but always very interesting to watch. I like to think that every successful genre show of the 21st century owes a great deal to Joss Whedon, creator of both shows, along with the now defunct Firefly and Dollhouse, which currently airs on FOX at Friday at 9:00PM EST.

I would like to write more, as I haven't contributed anything within the past two weeks, but I don't want to take away from the moment. Don't get me wrong, I'm not sitting here with tears streaming down my face, but I do respect this guy's talent and what it did for one of the best shows ever to grace television. Thanks so much for your talent, Andy. Rest in peace.

2 comments:

Ashiya5500 said...

REST IN PEACE, Krevlornswath of the Deathwok Clan!

Baron Brown said...

AHHHHHHH YEAH!!!! Ashiya, I didn't know you were a fan of "Angel!"