Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saturday Night Stay-In

Albums Listened to Today:
Katy Perry - One of the Boys
Toni Braxton - Libra
Tim Kearney - Nothing Left to Lose

Funny - no matter how many Saturday nights I spend staying in, I never cease to feel as though I'm missing out on something. I think time alone is great - really, I do - but there's something about the best night of the week spent indoors that's a bit lame. Ahh well. I'm on a budget anyways.

Speaking of which - I've really gotten good at turning things down. A friend of mine is planning on attending concerts by Adele and Lady GaGa. While the latter merely intrigues me, I'd really like to see the former, as I've heard a few of her songs. Adele has a genuinely moving voice, almost haunting. I'm sure it would've been great to see her, but I'm sure she'll be around for years to come. Hopefully, in years to come, I'll have way more money...

I was browsing Britney Spears' blog when I got the idea to add blogs by Kanye West and Margaret Cho to my "Good Readin'" section. I think Britney's site is great, but the fact that the content is contributed by her staff and not Spears herself, it doesn't count as a blog so much as it does an official fansite.

There's a lot going on, isn't there? In addition to a plane landing on the Hudson river, a continually weakening economy (farewell Circuit City), and Israel's assault on Gaza, we have a presidential inauguration! That's always exciting. It's scheduled for this Tuesday, January 20th at 10AM EST, the day after the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday. I plan on watching it, and I should probably participate in a US Day of Service event for goodwill's sake.

With so much going on, it can be hard to keep track of what's important. For me, priority numero uno is to have a good job awaiting me after graduation. That's why I've marked my university's spring career fair in my agenda. Although there will be upwards of 300 companies in attendance, only a dozen hold my interest. I know, I know, I probably shouldn't be picky, as a job is a job, but I think I can be selective enough to insist on working in the communications industry. I know there's a lot to learn, and I'm game for one hell of a lesson.

1 comment:

BeeCee said...

You think staying in on Saturday night is lame? I was working on a story last night. Yeah, lame AND a dork. Beat THAT!