Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Life Goes On...

So I decided to keep contributing to this blog, even though I have returned to the States for my last semester in school. Although there are many thoughts that I am not willing to share on the Internet, there are just as many that I don't mind sharing, and I think this blog is a good way to keep the writing juices flowing.

The past week has been a bit dull, as I have not been doing too much aside from catching up on bad American television and spending time with family members. You know how that goes. I did, however, catch a showing of Will Smith's new flick, Seven Pounds, which I loved despite the negative reviews. I've learned to make a stronger effort to think for myself and not rely so much on what other people have to say. In the end, it'll be me who reaps the rewards or suffers the consequences, so it stands to reason that I and I alone should be responsible for the actions that lead to those outcomes.

I have also restarted something of a fitness regime. We'll see how long I can keep that up. The last time I did any serious exercise was Sunday, November 23rd, when I thought it would be a good idea to go running in cold weather. Lance Armstrong I am not! I caught a really nasty cold that knocked me on my butt for a day or two. I exercised for the first time since then last Wednesday, doing a 45 minute fitness DVD. I exercised for an hour (cardio, strength training) on Friday, followed by more cardio (2 miles on treadmill) on Saturday. I did weights last night, and I think I may be game for hitting the treadmill tonight. We'll see how it goes.

Is losing weight a 2009 resolution? Perhaps, but I'm focusing more on finding the perfect job to await me after graduation. That would indeed be my top priority.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was so wondering when you were coming back...lol. Glad you had a safe return in the states and enjoyed yourself in Paris. Yea...I saw 7 lbs, but was confused at the beginning. I so wanted it to be a good movie. Then ending was sweet though. =)
www.singleinatlanta.wordpress.com