Saturday, September 20, 2008

What A Miracle........

I finally have internet at my house now. For some reason, the WiFi was not working for a few days, but Micheline (the landlady) finally got it crackin'. Ordinarily I would be writing an essay by now, but not only am I having to sort out two different languages here in Paris, I have to work my way around the European keyboard as well. For the most part, it is the same, but a few letters and punctuation marks are switched.

Okay, enough writing, as I am starting to get frustrated. Pics, anyone?

Pizza Regina, Goat Cheese Salad, and Bread.

I find that when you are in a big city like New York or Paris, you are always in great company, especially when walking by yourself. Last Saturday I walked around for several hours before I came to a stop at one of Paris' many brasseries (restaurant/cafe). With no other diners present save for yours truly, I opened up my book, sat back, and read for about an hour and a half. Of course I stuffed my face in between pages.

Crostata

As I work in the Paris hub of an international PR company, I have the privilege of getting to know people from all over the world. One of the interns, an Italian girl named Irene, had her last day yesterday. She indulged us with crostata, an Italian cake made with jam, brown sugar, and other delicious ingredients. Yeah, it was good.

Walking along the Seine River

I snapped this while taking an after-work walk to burn some calories.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've read every word you wrote but the only thing I'm able to say is, 'that pie looks delicious!'.

Lol, I'm done.

Anonymous said...

OMG...seriously. That food looks hella good. DAYUM!!!! You're just living it up out there. Are they hiring? Your scenic shots are amazing as well. =)
www.singleinatlanta.wordpress.com

Irene said...

Quelle honneur Mister Brown! Ma crostata en forme de coccinelle fait le tour du monde sur ton blog! j'espère qu'on se croisera bientot! Biz, Irene