Tuesday, September 2, 2008

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a camera is worth...


Since June I've been seriously considering a new camera, and now I have finally settled on one. This Canon is one of the best reviewed makes and models on the market, and I can't wait to start snapping photos like a crazed tourist once I land this Saturday. Well, I'm sure at that point I'll be tired out of my mind from the jet lag, but once I recuperate...

The camera is an early birthday gift from my grandmother - God bless her. I appreciate her even thinking of getting me a gift, seeing as how she and Mom provided all the food for Sunday's get-together. I honestly wasn't expecting anything else. It's going to be weird having my first birthday away from home and in a different country, and I'm sure missing Thanksgiving for the first time will be even stranger.

But once you go for something, you've gotta give it your all. That means shrugging away the occasional feelings of homesickness or culture shock when they come, and I'm sure they will. Nevertheless, I know this is a great opportunity.

I can't wait to start posting once I actually get to Paris and I'll be able to start reporting on the goings-on at work and during my downtime.

No comments: